Saturday, April 13, 2013

Flashback to Draping


Before and After



     Since Natalia is still in progress and honestly I haven't made any progress on her since the last post and Daphne has yet to reveal her sleeve-ful self to me I thought I would flashback to something I made last semester in Draping Class.  I love the Forties, everything about them minus the war and fabric rationing among other things.  Men who wore suits just to go to the corner store were absolutely dreamy.  I have pictures of my grandma's brothers who are wearing suits in every picture.  Even those who didn't haave a lot of money looked very well put together and so unlike now days where you walk into a certain store on any given day and see at least three people shopping in their pajamas. Ugh the travesty of it all!  One of my favorite styles from the Forties are the super high waisted short.  In Draping one of our class assignments were to make a pair of pants and I found that a great opportunity to create my dream shorts. On one of my visits back home my grandma had a fabric care package waiting for me and this vintage floral was one of the treats inside the package.  I wore them for the first time today even though I made them last year and WOW! They are super high waisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment